While it’s true that more than 50 million people in the United States suffer from bad breath, the solution is simple: develop the right dental hygiene behaviors to keep your mouth clean and bacteria-free. Follow the following guide and you’ll be bad-breath-free
- Brush your teeth twice per day. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends brushing your teeth at least twice per day. If you have bad breath, brushing will help improve your breath by dislodging odor-causing food particles and plaque.
- Floss every day. Alongside the recommendation to brush twice daily, the ADA recommends flossing between your teeth at least once per day. Flossing will remove hard-to-reach debris that can cause plaque and bacteria build-up, which in turn create odors in the mouth.
- Scrape your tongue with a tongue scraper. Have you ever used a tongue scraper? These inexpensive tools remove odor-causing build-up from your tongue. Although we recommend tongue scrapers, brushing your tongue with your toothbrush can have the same effect.
- Rinse with mouthwash. Mouthwashes can destroy bacteria and mask your breath temporarily. But because this is just a quick fix, you’ll have to clean your mouth sooner or later if you want to address the root cause of the problem.
- Visit our office. If you’re experiencing bad breath or halitosis in Norristown, Pennsylvania, please don’t hesitate to visit our office. Schedule your appointment with our team at Joy Dental by calling 484-704-7675 now. We are ready to help you keep your breath fresher!